PE0145. Capitol Steps – Campaign and Suffering - We put the Mock in Democracy (Political Parodies). Capitol Steps 1028, recorded late 2007 & early 2008, Washington, DC. - 95632102826
1. 76 Unknowns
2. Buy, Buy American Pie
4. Ten Pills and You're Fine
5. George Bush Speaks
6. Brain-Mouth Connection
7. McCain's Campaign
8. Tap Three Times
9. Obama Meets Osama
10. I'm So Pretty
11. Help Me Fake It to the Right
13. Relying on Nine-Eleven
14. The Lonely Leahy
15. Mad Attorney General
16. Beverly Hills Candidate
17. Hillary's Way
18. Votin' Four to Five
19. Don Imus Is a Girl's Best Friend
20. TB on a Jet Plane
21. Oh What a Beautiful Mormon
22. Lirty Dies
* This album could not be any more relevant than during the 2008 Presidential election. ALL candidates are featured!
* Brings a lighter side to politics (without getting too dark or edgy) by offering non-partisan, equal-opportunity offense to both sides of the political spectrum.
* Heard on public radio four times a year during the Capitol Steps special Politics Takes a Holiday: April Fools Day, 4th of July, Halloween, and New Years.
* Has been featured on NBC, CBS, ABC, and PBS.
* The Capitol Steps began as a group of Senate staffers who set out to satirize the very people and places that employed them. Although ot all of the current members are former Capitol Hill staffers, taken ogether they have worked in a total of 18 Congressional offices and represent 62 years of collective House and Senate staff experience.
'The Capitol Steps make it easier to leave public life.' -- Former President George Bush Sr.
'Some people in Washington are confused ... the Capitol Steps are not.' -- Former Vice President Al Gore
'I like it better when they make fun of Clinton.' -- Newt Gingrich